Philosophy of Christian Education
The required Philosophy of Christian Education course can be either an undergraduate or graduate level course or a specified seminar that meets the following requirements:
- Entitled or sub-titled as Philosophy of Christian Education or its equivalent, (“Philosophy” or “Educational Philosophy” are not acceptable);
- A course description that contains the following components:
- A history of educational philosophy - both biblical and secular
- A Christian worldview
- Biblical integration
- Philosophy of teaching methods
- Philosophy of classroom discipline
- Philosophy of curriculum development
- Be at least one (1) college credit or 6 instructional hours in length
- Is either identifiable on a valid transcript or is certified by a copy of the seminar certificate showing the seminar title, instructor, date, and location of instruction.
In conjunction with one of our member colleges, FACCS has created a DVD course that meets all of the above requirements. Visit the Trinity Baptist College / FACCS Philosophy of Christian Education DVD site to get more information about this DVD course program.